Friday, April 24, 2020

At Wits' End

The lockdown has once again been extended from April 30 to May 15. I understand the need to do so and at least some areas in the country will not be part of it although it will still have quarantine measures but at least that is some semblance of good news in the midst of a stress-filled era. Honestly, I'm so uncomfortable with the tone of putting the blame to ordinary people "pasaway!". I do understand and get there are stubborn people that needs to take this seriously but there's just a lack of empathy these days. I'm tired of political conflict, how people are encouraged to pick sides. Blame game is so rampant. Treating each other as enemy. We need more understanding of the plight of the people now. Everybody is stressed. Everybody is so worried. The last thing we need is this type of mindset. But I don't know anymore. I feel so disillusioned right now. I still can't believe that this is happening. We are not equipped to handle this matter but I feel so worried that this is being handled the wrong way, so much fear and suspicions. I long for the day that I will have peace of mind. I'm tired of being terrified. 

No comments: