Sunday, April 05, 2020

Life On Hold

We are going 4 weeks under Enhanced Community Quarantine which is really just a sugarcoated term for lockdown. The original end date, April 12, is nearing but we all know it will be extended as COVID-19 cases continue to rise. It's just not safe to have the masses go out in public as the danger is still there. I won't deny this situation has given me so much anxiety. But as always I try too look things on the brighter side. For one, no one in my family is suffering from this virus and by the grace of God NO ONE WILL. It's almost a month since I was last in the office. I still continue to do work at home, I supervise a cable channel and up until this week I was able to schedule new episodes but except for one show, I have run out of new episodes to air so we will go on replays starting tomorrow. What my initial plan way back in February was to be able to submit a month advance worth of episodes in preparation for the Holy Week break but of course that is a distant memory now. To be honest, I'm afraid if our company can survive this crisis. Will I still have a job to go back to once the virus had been contained and we can go out in the public now? I know MILLIONS of people worldwide is worrying about the same matter. The fear of virus at the present is at its peak but the fear with what lies ahead in the future lingers around. I've blogged many times here how I feel discontented with how much I earn in my job and how I feel I've been left behind career-wise by  lot of my peers. But now I miss having those worries ONLY. I can deal with that but this anxiety brought upon by this pandemic is on another level mainly because everything is up in the air. We don't know when will this end and what a post-COVID19 world be.
Today is Palm Sunday and the first in my lifetime to not have the usual mass. It feels so strange to not do the usual things anymore. Not a day pass by without me thinking of this crisis and how it is shaping the future of the world. I'm very, very worried. So help us God.

No comments: