Thursday, January 05, 2012

Midweek Musings 19

*2012 is finally here. I admit all those "2012 is the end" talk got me a little scared but then again only He knows when it's going to end. And life is beautiful to just live it worrying if the world comes to an end ;)

*I had good time during the holidays. For one, I was able to have a [almost] two-week leave from work because I had many vacation leaves left and I had to use it or else it's going to be forfeited! I spent most of those days at home playing with my nephew. Also went out with my parents and nephew during those days as well. Christmas well spent with my loved ones

* The year is off to a shaky start at work so far. Challenging days ahead not just for me but the company as well. I admit I'm a little worried but hopefully we will all get through this

*On the other hand, my sister canteen business expanded this year as she is now a concessionaire to one big company in Cavite. My parents invested there so it's a family business as well. Thank you Lord for the blessings

*I was at the Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows press screening earlier and tomorrow I'm going to attend Alvin & The Chipmunks 3: Chipwrecked's press screening.Thanks a lot Pinoyexchange! I hope to attend more press screenings this year ;) Watch out for my reviews to be posted this weekend hopefully :D

* I was able to read a book (novel) after a long time. I borrowed my officemates's Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer during the holidays and woah what a sad book. It has flaws but the main character's arc was just too emotionally and wonderfully written. Hopefully I can write a book review here in my blog (don't be lazy Jec!). I used to read a lot but admittedly the Internet distracted. I will make it a point this year to read more :)

No comments: