Saturday, October 09, 2010

A Concert and A Wedding!


OC at the PICC was a blast! And I'm not saying this just because I work for the company who produced the concert :D I have a new found respect for Ogie Alcasid seriously. Well, I never hated the guy as I actually find him a funny actor and love a lot his songs like "Nandito Ako" and "Kung Mawawala Ka" but I was never really a fan until now. Seeing him performing live on stage was just incredible! He really knows how to work out the crowd and he is just an awesome artist! Even at the rehearsals he was already giving his best! I could really see his passion for music and what's even great is that he is really a nice guy backstage. Meeting Mr. Ryan Cayabyab was also a pleasure. Seeing him playing the piano live was also a great experience! Playing the piano/keyboard is one of my many frustrations in life haha! Guest performers RCS were good too. Noel Cabangon and Ai Ai Delas Alas made the concert even more special as Noel's passion for the Philippines was embraced by the crowd as they also stood up and raised their hands to Noel's "Mabuting Pilipino" which he sang famously on the inauguration of President Aquino. Meanwhile, Ai Ai Delas Alas brought the house down with her "I'm freakin' Regine Velasquez" skit with Ogie Alcasid! The audience were in tears because of the non-stop laughs they had for that portion.
I gave my complimentary tickets to my parents and like me it was also their first time to see a a concert from a major artist and I'm so glad they enjoyed the concert too.
Congratulations to 20 Plus for the successful concert, all our hard work paid off!

***

I went home around 2:30 am but I woke up around 7:30 am because it's my uncle's wedding today. Well, they have been married for 15 years actually under civil rights so today was their church wedding. My uncle asked me if I could cover their wedding and of course I said yes! I could never say "no" to one of my nicest and most helpful uncle :) My uncle is usually the reserved, not showy type of guy but today I witnessed how much he loved her wife. And well it's kind of cool to have his 13 year old son as his best man. Congratulations Tito Romy and Auntie Rose! God Bless you and your family always :)

P.S My two-year old nephew was the ring bearer and he was so adorable with his barong! Your heart is made of stone if you don't find the picture below cute! :D

No comments: