Friday, April 11, 2008

Grammar Check

Yesterday I was checking the proofs for LS Special magazine which were edited by the technical consultant and I discovered something embarrassing. My column for the magazine was heavy with corrections. It just shows that among the editors , I am probably the weakest writer. Heck, a lot of my staff are better writers than me perhaps. It is a shame considering that I am the Editor-in-Chief. This year, I did not grow as a writer because I focused more on the management aspect of the job. Or maybe I just don't have it. This makes me feel scared, if I apply for a job and upon knowing that I was an EIC of the student publication, the employer will expect a lot from me: polished grammar, solid writing style and coherent sentence constructions. And I'm not confident that I could meet the expectations.

No comments: