Tuesday, December 31, 2024

Mmmbop

 You have so many relationships in this life

Only one or two will last

You go through all the pain and strife

Then you turn your back and they're gone so fast

Recently, I heard this song again after quite some time but now with adult ears actually paying attention to what the lyrics say. It hits differently this time. It wasn't just a novelty song with a very catchy chorus one can easily mumble. Music really has the power to take you back to a certain period but I've realized when you get older certain songs are more than just a nostalgia trip but an introspection. Every time the year ends, we always find ourselves looking back and evaluating our lives. I usually get caught up in the sentimentality of it all and in the previous years, I'm just content to have survived another year. It dawned on me now to appreciate the present more and not just dwell so much on the past much less dread the future. I know things are scarier as we grow older but it would be a waste if you let life slip by.

 

No comments: