Friday, April 10, 2026

Thoughts on Malcolm in the Middle: Life's Still Unfair

 It was originally pitched as a TV movie and you could feel it!  Anyway, with just 4 episodes it was an easy and fun binge.

Episode 4 is the best of course, Malcolm and Lois confrontation while Craig is doing his business in the toilet! Crazy funny while having the heart of the story.

I liked Hal in general but he was too much in this one. Yes, Bryan Cranston became the biggest name after this show and he is first billed now but episode 3 when he was front and center was a bit painful to watch. He actually had more scenes than Malcom himself 

New Dewey is forgettable and I don't get why the character had to be 'remote' for ep. 4? Maybe they were hoping Erik Per Sullivan would agree in this setup?

Malcolm's daughter was good and funny and I wouldn't mind a series centered on her! The girlfriend is also a good character.

I also liked Kelly, the youngest!

There were less Reese than I hoped but his few moments were fun, Justin's comic timing is just perfect.

It was fun to see Stevie, Malcolm's other childhood 'friends', Francis' friends in ep. 4

While this wasn't fully satisfying, I'm still glad to see this family again and honestly I wanted more!

No comments: