Friday, February 14, 2025

The Heart

Unlike other single people (especially men), I don't hate this day in fact even with the commercialization of it all, I'm a sucker for anything romantic so I like that there's a day to celebrate love. Do I sometimes feel envious? Of course but I know reality is different and I can't handle things like that. I have too much baggage and other personal matters to take care of to have space for that in my life. Sometimes I dream about what if I had a wife and my own family, but my mind always snaps back to reality and I know that it is not just feasible for me. I mean, I wrote here years ago when I was a teen that I felt I'm just not destined for that and now in my late 30s, I'm right. I just knew it back then. I made my peace with it and I'm not really desperate for affection either. Because the past few years, I just wanted to settle for general peace of mind, I don't want to complicate my life further and drag someone else too. But do I like seeing people in love? Absolutely. 

No comments: