Monday, January 30, 2023

Pen

 I was having ice cream at a fast food earlier when someone approached me earlier selling pens. When someone sells stuff on me randomly I usually shy away because I feel uncomfortable and also suspicious that it could be a scam or budol. Yes, I'm that paranoid. But for that instance, I didn't let her finish her sales pitch and I just said quickly I will buy one and if she has change for 50. The pen she was selling was 35 a piece and 3 for 100, I just bought one quickly and left the fast food immediately since I was finished with the ice cream. Also, my paranoid self thought if this was a scam I might as leave at once just in case. So crazy like a part of me wanted to help because I my gut feel says the lady was really just a nice person trying to earn a living but my paranoid self has trust issues too. I also want to look away when she is ultimately rejected by other customers and the inevitable getting shooed away by the management because it is not allowed to solicit stuff inside. I'm so confused how to react sometimes really. I want to be kind but also cautious. 

No comments: