Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Fitting In

 I had a talk with my nephew about he is not really fitting in with his Grade 9 classmates. Thank God there are no bullies but it's just that he doesn't talk to a lot of his classmates when it's a break. He is an introvert just like and frankly I do think he is quite smarter (in the perspective kind of way) than the rest of his class so he can't jive with them yet. He also does not have the same interest because he does not play ML like the others or into social media as well. I said to him don't worry eventually you'll find your space there, he is still new to the school as his classmates have known each other since elementary while he came from the other school and was stuck for online school on his first two years in high school. It's quite fascinating to see my nephew now a full-pledge teen with his social issues and all. I remembered myself really but I was more proactive in academics unlike him who won't raise his hand in class even when he knows the answer. But to be honest, I'm not too worried about my nephew because the fact that he can't open up to me is a good thing, he knows how to process what he feels, and he has a good grasp of his emotions. But still, I will be looking out for him always. I'm turning 36 this year and honestly, at this point, I don't see myself having my own family anymore so at least I can be a parental figure to my nephew like I've always been since he was a little and I'm happy with that. 

No comments: