Friday, March 22, 2024

Fifth

 


I have the first four Young Blood compilations then I stopped (maybe because subconsciously I knew back then I would never get published here so I guess I was bitter hahaha!). So years passed and when I decided to get back to reading again, I couldn't find a copy of Young Blood 5 until today at the National Book Store in Glorietta. I just randomly visited NBS today before going home with no plans of buying anything because I haven't finished reading the book I bought recently (Patricia Evangelisa's Some People Need Killing which is a great book but a heavy read) but of course, I can't just pass up not buying this because I thought this could be out of print already like the earlier compilations. This one had a Powerbooks pricetag on it so this was probably stuck in some warehouse for a while. The personal essay compilation is my favorite type of book to read, I just love being immersed in other people's worlds while I relate to and learn from them too.

No comments: