Friday, June 18, 2021

Connected

 My nephew is turning 13 in a 2 months and yeah I definitely see the teenager now. While I do like that he is becoming more independent with some stuff but I do miss the kid in him. We used to love watching  movies but now he's kinda over it as he is into more playing Roblox with his friends online. It makes sense of course that he is finding where he fits in and in a pandemic this is the way kids socialize now and I like that he finds a group where he is having a good time. I can't help but feel sentimental though because I've been part of his life every step of the way. I'm not sure I'll be a parent of my own but glad I had a taste of being one as I help raised my nephew. Now that his childhood is essentially over, I do hope I can help guide him the best way I can in his teen years too because it's a tricky phase of one's life. May God bless my nephew always. 

No comments: