Gen Alpha kids get a lot of stigma as iPad babies and brain rot consumers however I still believe the power of long-form production like movies will still get them eventually especially as they expand their social circle growing up. Maybe I'm a fool to be optimistic but at the height of the pandemic there was that narrative that moviegoing will die na sa millennials with Gen Z more into social media and short form content on Tiktok buto this year a lot of the box office hits this year on a global scale were powered by Gen Z support. I've online forums seeing Gen Z getting interested with the big screen experience although there are criticisms as well at their behavior are too noisy, takes screen photos and uses phone on screen. There's still a lot to work on but for me at least the magic of moviegoing is still being kept alive!
No comments:
Post a Comment