Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ondoy

What a shocking day. I never thought storm Ondoy will have this kind of effect. Technically, it's not even a typhoon! It was chaotic and traumatizing. I thank God we live in area here in Cavite that is safe from floods, landslides etc. But I was worried earlier because my parents were on the road, thank God they were near the area of my aunt's house and they stayed there during the harsh part of the storm. They are now home after several hours of traffic.
The news says it all: people trapped in schools,hospitals, malls, roof tops, trees. 6-12 ft deep floods.
Terrible.
I pray for the safety of everyone. As I type this the rains have stopped. I hope the sun shines tomorrow.

***

Red Cross donation through SMS: text REDAMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart). Spread the word and help.

1 comment:

Iza Larize said...

We're lucky kasi our areas are not flooded. I pray for those people na totally affected by Ondoy. I thank God because the rain finally stopped.