Thursday, April 15, 2021

Lead

 So today my video editor for 2 years handed his resignation letter as he will soon leave the country to migrate to Canada to be with his mother. This editor started here when he was 20 years old and it really showed a couple of times how young and unpolished he is but despite that I have a soft spot for the kid because he is genuinely nice and quite talented too, just unfocused haha. I hope I made some good impact being his direct head for the past 2 years. I sometimes think I'm too nice but I just don't want to be the person who puts unnecessary pressure. Although, I did realized I can't be too lenient as well for the benefit of the staff as well. Last week, I received some kinds from a college friend, a co-staff at the college student publication where I became EIC in my senior year and he said that I was the best editor he had. It really meant a lot of me because I felt like my EIC stint was a big disappointment but hearing that I least somewhat made a good impact to someone warms my soul. 

No comments: