Monday, February 19, 2018

Random Ramblings 5

Hey this blog turned 13 years old last Feb 5. I'm very glad blogger still exists despite social media stealing its thunder and people don't blog that much anymore in the traditional way (you know as an online journal). I hope blogger continues to stay for a long time. I would be sad to see it go like Multiply which had a lot of my college memories that went down with it when it closed down. This blog is my time capsule.

***

Also happy Pinoyexchange.com is still around. I've been a user since 2004 and a part of the moderating team since 2010. I admit I'm a little sad that the forum is not active as it used to be. I still keep in touch with a lot of friends I made there through social media. I've also been friends with the people behind the site and it's also a little sad because I was also a witness when a lot of them moved on to different careers and endeavors over the years. I wish for more years of PEx, this is also a great time capsule, not just personally but the Pinoy pop culture. I sometimes look up for some things and it's not unusual to see some old PEx threads show up. 

***

I had some mini-health scare recently. Well to be honest it really was just a simple coughs but I'm just really paranoid. What's great though is that I used our new HMO card for the first time and felt good to have to expensive lab tests free of charge. Medicines are expensive though! Still, I'm 30 and obese so I really have to take care of myself. I'm trying to lose weight, nothing drastic yet and it will take me a long time but I'm kinda proud of myself for eating more vegetables now. I just need more discipline with junk foods and sweets. Hopefully I can do it

***

I've been working for nearly ten years and I've been with my present company for nearly nine years and one thing I've noticed is that first quarter of the year is the "resignation season".  And as expected some office mates resigned in the past weeks. One of them is my video editor for TeleNovela Channel. I've been working with him I think almost four years. He was an intern that got absorbed in the company and is actually one of the longest video editor I had for this project. To be honest, it will be a hassle for me to deal with a new editor as I'm already used to our work rhythm but it was inevitable. People need to grow and sadly I know the video editing spot for this project doesn't offer that much in that regard. It's a good entry level job but has limitations . And the task gets boring as it really has a basic template on what to do. Wishing the best for my departing editor and hopefully the company will be able to hire someone as competent as him and easy to work with

***
I've been addicted to podcasts lately. At first it was because I just recentlyy discovered you can listento it on Spotify hahaha! The two I listen the most are Anna Faris' Unqualified which is celebrity interviews and counselling to callers and The Hollywood Reporter's Awards Chatter which is of course celebrity interviews but with focus on how they started in the industry which I find very interesting. I like celerity interviews on podcasts, the celebrities are more natural and less-PR driven. I like hearing their stories. 
And I also finally  understood the hype of the true crime podcast Serial which was so popular in 2014. I downloaded and listen to Season 1 and the case was really engaging and the production was top notch! But the case is sad and left me with a heavy heart. I probably won't listen to any true crime podcast anytime soon. I'll stick with the celebrity interviews




No comments: