Friday, April 23, 2021

Loss

 I was about to finish a task earlier at the office when Kuya Bernie approached me to help him write the message he will post on the special dedication board the office is setting up in memory of Kuya Pat, our dearly departed co-worker who passed away a few weeks ago. The message is humorous with him telling Kuya Pat that if he misses him he's free to visit him anytime. But you know what I could definitely feel Kuya Bernie's sadness and his eyes were misty despite making jokes. He then shared that he does not even look at Kuya Pat's photo posted in the office door because it makes him feel sad and I told him I feel the same, he then replied "Di ba lang no" and you could see in his eyes that this feeling of sadness is something he is keeping inside and when I said I felt the same way he sort had a feeling of validation. They were really close friends. They're both in their mid40s and shared a lot of interests. I still can't believe Kuya Pat's gone. Life is so fragile. 

No comments: