Sunday, April 18, 2021

Advice

 So today my nephew opened up to me that he's feeling a little bad because he got reprimanded by my sister due to the time he spends with the computer and when he defended himself, he got even more trouble because  my sister said that his tone was not good and he was talking back to her. I told him that it's normal for mothers to be that way and I told him that's how Nanay is to us too. I also said to him that sometimes we get to be the shock absorbers too for other stuff our parents are stressed about. But I did let him speak up what his heart feels and I said that it's good that he talks about it and allow himself to be sad and frustrated but after you should also learn how to deal with it and not let it consume your life. I didn't tell my sister anymore what my nephew told me because I knew my nephew told this to me in confidence. It will blew over anyway but this day just made me realize how my nephew is growing up now. He'll turn 13 this August and I'm now witnessing in real time as he is entering the angst-filled teen years. I made a mental note to not be hard on him because he is on those delicate period where he figures himself out and I won't add to the pressure he will be facing transitioning to teen years. 

No comments: