Saturday, May 22, 2010

Spotlight: 2010 Upfronts


I'm really fascinated with US Television industry and I love the Upfronts season where the broadcast networks roll out their schedule for the next TV season (starting this September). It's a fun time to see what new shows will be coming in but also a sad time because of the cancellation of outgoing series. As usual, a lot of shows got the axe due to low ratings (some like Cold Case and Numb3rs had decent ratings but already to expensive to produce anymore with mediocre ratings). I'm particularly sad over the cancellations of The New Adventures of Old Christine and FlashForward. On the other hand, I'm glad some of the shows I like that were on the bubble were renewed for another season namely Human Target, Life Unexpected, and V. You could see the schedules of each network here and the list of shows renewed and canceled here. Sneak peeks and trailers can be found here

Here are the shows I'm looking forward by network:

ABC
- No Ordinary Family
-My Generation
- Off The Map
- Better Together
- Mr. Sunshine

NBC
- The Event
- Undercovers
- Outsourced
- The Paul Reiser Show
- The Cape
- Friends with Benefits

FOX
-Running Wilde
- Raising Hope

CBS
- $#*! My Dad Says
- Mike and Molly
-Hawaii Five-O

CW
-Nikita

No comments: