Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Blogopolis Experience




I attended Nuffnang Philippines first ever bloggers summit "Blogopolis: ONLIne in the Philippines" today which was held at the Rizal Ballroom, Makati Shangri-La Hotel and I must say that it was an enriching experience. To tell you honestly, I had second thoughts if I should really attend this event because first off the registration fee is not cheap and these days I'm very strict with my finances but something about this event just got my interest so I took a leap of faith and went to this one. I've been blogging for 7 years already and I really do it just for fun, a hobby. But recently an old friend inspired me because of how she was able to continue blogging the thing that she likes but manages to earn some extra cash along the side. Yes, I want to monetize this blog. Before I was apprehensive about it since it kinda ruins what blogging for me was before but I signed up with Nuffnang two years ago and frankly speaking I still haven't earn that much with their ads (my earning is below 500 in 2 years and that's not enough for me to encash it haha) so if I really want to this blog to another level I need to learn or be familiar how to do it. And this conference was very helpful. And it's not just about getting the sponsors & stuff but how to maintain good content material. It's really not easy and I'm not sure if I have what it takes to pull this off.  I will start small and do some planning next month. I can't do things right away. My blog still looks so unprofessional and I really have to find the time to do it more often. The past few months my blog entries have been delayed way too much mostly because of some personal issues. I'll work things out and I promise you that a much improved forg files is coming your way this 2013! Anyway thank you Nuffnang for inspiring me :) Wish me luck guys!

No comments: