Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson (1958-2009)

The news that greeted me this morning as I opened the radio after waking up was this:
Michael Jackson is dead
I was really shocked with the news.
It was so sudden.
A music icon is gone.
I know his life has become so bizarre and for the record I really did feel off about him with all the cases and the scandalous things that happened to him during the last years of his life. It's really sad that he started a great life but went downhill and hit rock bottom as he grew old. Seeing old videos of him makes me feel so sad because of what happened to him after the success.
It's a tragedy.
But no one can't deny the legacy he left to us.
The songs immortalized him.
Regardless of all the controversies, Michael Jackson made history and created a worldwide cultural impact.

His music will live on forever.

Rest in Peace, King of Pop.

I will end this entry with my all time favorite Michael Jackson song "Man in the Mirror'



I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have
Been any clearer
If you wanna make the world
A better place
(if you wanna make the
World a better place)
Take a look at yourself, and
Then make a change
(take a look at yourself, and
Then make a change)

1 comment:

Better Than Coffee said...

mike is a great loss to humanity. too bad God didn't replicate him.

love,
nobe

www.deariago.com
www.iamnobe.wordpress.com