Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Delayed

I have been wanting to update my blog for the past days but there were lot of circumstances that stop me from doing it. I was busy with school and HF stuff, then if I had the time to visit ERS it was closed and when it was on line again their server was so slow that opening up this site takes a a lot of time. Because of that my stories that I want to write about had piled up which leaded to this multi-story entry.

Revelation

My REED professor revealed something that really shocked me. His colleagues tried to get rid fo him by falsificating documents. I could not believe this of all people that could do this shameless act, Religious education professors! They who supposed to teach us good acts. But I know my professor was hurt I could see it into his eyes.

Hassle

Last week my uniform (the barong) was burned when it was ironed by my mother. It was not her fault since the iron malfunctioned and when it was pressed on to my uniform it automatically burned it. I only had two barongs and that lead me to have one barong to wear last week. When I got home I wash the barong and when I wake up in the morning I ask my mother to iron it (I don't know how to iron and I don't want to take risk). Good thing last Monday I bought a new barong, I will no longer experience the hassle of having a wash and wear uniform.

Haircut

Two Sundays I finally had my haircut. I have been wanting to have a haircut but I was either busy or lazy. I was really uncomfortable with my old hair since it perspires me more. Plus I have been having pimples at the back of my head due to my heavy perspiration. When I saw my the back of my hair through a mirror I saw that I had scars already due to this pimples. Now I will really try to have a haircut once a month.
Also when I had my haircut I saw this mother dragging his kid to the barbershop. The kid was wailing like a pig being butchered. When it was his time to have his hair cut the kid was hysterical, his mother have to hold him so that the barber will not have a hard time. I really wonder what was the kid thinking about, when I was young I never really got scared with getting my haircut. Maybe the kid thought he might die when he ahve his hair cut. or maybe he was so attatched to his hair that cutting it is like taking something away from you. Oh well, anyways the kid had a semi-kalbo haircut.

Disgusting

My father accomnpanied my brother to get his driver's license. They had a hard time since the people there are making their life hell. But when my father asked someone to help them, the guy ask "How much?". My father was so desperate that he agreed on giving lagay to that guy. My father said that if they did not do that it will take months before my brother gets his driver's license. Shortly after my father gave the money his license was released. That is how dirty the government agencies are. I thought this things only happen in Metro Manila but it is also present here In Cavite. That's why we cant see progress because the people in the government agencies are rotten.

Cancelled

I watch Tru Calling and I like the show. The season one finale had a good twist. It left me wanting for more but the show's second season only had six episodes since FOX cancelled it due to low ratings. I am disappointed because just when the story is just getting exciting it will end abrubtly. I know that it will not have a proper conlcusion. Tru Calling will now belong to the group of TV shows that left me hanging.

Monthsary

It has been a month since I became part of the team of Heraldo Filipino. I had three assignments. Two of it are already in the typing process and I will pass it later this week. But my interview with Bro.Armin is still not accomplised due to some uncontrollable forces. During the month I stayed at HF I have met lots of new people and gained new friends. I also have interviewed two people in the school administration and I had a good time. I'm looking forward to more learning experiences at HF.

Surprises

The Prelim grades were released I was surprised with the results. The highest grade you could obtain is 4.00 and the lowest is 1.00 and grade of 0.00 is a failing mark. Although I did mediocre in my examinations (except REED where I have gotten a perpect score) my preliminary grades are high.

REED- 3.75 (I love this subject and I'm glad I have gotten a high grade)

PE- 3.50 (Good thing it had a written exam)

Art Appreciation-3.25 (This is the most shocking grade I had since I barely passed the exams and my "works of art" that I passed are horrible, the teacher even commented that it was monotonous, I think I don't deserve that grade)

Retorika,Intro to Communication Theory- 3.00 (I'm happy to get a high score in intro to com theory since a lot of my classmates have gotten low grades)

Computer and Philippine Constitution- 2.75 (I thought I will get a lower grade on both subjects since I did get low scores on quizzes)

Speech and Oral Communication- 2.25 ( I am disappointed to get this grade since it ruined my "winning streak" however I feel that I deserve this grade since I did not excel in the oral exercises and thw written quizzes are low, I hope to get a better grade for the Midterms)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kainggit naman grades mo..

Anonymous said...

Taas mo naman sa intro.. huhu i luv ur story 'bout the kid in the barbershop! haha it's so funny! FACT: takot din ako sa barbero noong gusgusin pa'ko!!! haha Ayoko lang ng tunog ng gunting.. ganun lang kasimple 'yun! kaya next time 'wag ka ng magtaka sa mga batang umaatungal sa barberya!! U rock!!!