Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The text message that made my day

Here is the text message that I received yesterday at around 11am:
"CONGRATULATIONS! You are qualified for the panel interview on July 7 4pm at the heraldo filipino office. Pls be on time"
I could not believe what I have just read. I think I read that message for about 4 times before it sunk to me " I have passed the qualifying exam".I took the exam last May during my summer classes. After weeks of not hearing from Heraldo I assumed that I failed. I really was not confident that I will make it anyway, the qualifying exam was really hard that all my creative cells was drained out. My handwritng was really awful since I'm so tired (The exam took for about 2 to 3 hours). Plus I felt that I did not gave good essays because the topics/questions was hard and there was one topic that I have no clue what is it all about. I also had my insecurities since I lack the experience of being a campus scribe ( As I have said in my earlier entries my Highschool did not have a school paper). During my freshman year I planned to apply for HF but I chickened out since I'm clueless about campus journalism. However I really felt bad about it because I am such a frustrated writer and I had so many "What if" questions. So I promised to myself that I will not be a coward again and try for our school paper once the oppurtunity comes in. When I saw an announcement that they are on lookout to be a part of them I immediately went to their office. I thought that if I fail at least I tried, I just don't want another oppurtunity pass by. I'm not really an official staff yet but passing the qualifying exam is an achievement to me. I'm really nervous about my interview on July 7 but I'm also excited about it, I really hope that I could really make it.

4 comments:

japanesenagi said...

^__^ thanks for the link. i got u linked too. and congrats to ur hf..

Carina said...

hi, a fellow PEXter here. just dropping by.. and wouldn't want to miss the chance to say 'CONGRATULATIONS' and GOOD LUCK to your panel interview! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats jec!!! huhu baka iwan mo na kami nyan....
-CMC

THE IMPERIOUS DORK said...

oist gud luck sau... hahaha... may kasama na rin ako sa wakas sa hf... nyahahaha...